Saturday, October 31, 2009

more halloween...

I found these old pictures and figured I'd share...

I'm seriously considering getting this haircut again.



This looks like a knight costume, but I'm pretty sure this is the year I wanted to go as "god." There was some debate as to what god looked like, but I guess ultimately we settled on shiny. Probably at some point in the night I just started telling people I was a knight because I got tired of explaining the real costume to them. This was also probably the only time in my life I voluntarily did anything even remotely religious. Back to the picture, I like the smile I'm giving to the devil, and the bored expression of the face of the girl standing behind us...

I'm sure it appeared in some comic in the 50s before I ever thought of it, but I'm really impressed that as a little kid I came up with the idea of "Superman-cowboy." Seriously, the fact that I'm not more of a professional success is staggeringly depressing giving how long I've been toting around this arsenal of good ideas...

Technically, this isn't a Halloween picture, although I'm wearing a funny hat, I just thought it summed up the past 30 years fairly well...

Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Scandy Tangerine Man said...

Haha...excellent! Happy Halloween, Harris!

Aurie Catt said...

Adorableee. I love little Harris. Happy Halloween!!

Interpolater said...

love superman-cowboy!

jrsuicide said...

those rule.