Saturday, June 20, 2009

crazy...

So, there was a fire in my building this week. I was coming home after a late nite work shift and there were trucks and firemen out in front of my place, and all the other tenants out on the street. Fortunately nobody got hurt and the overall damage wasn't too bad, the firemen pretty much destroyed my bathroom. Check it out...






It's funny, it always seems like nothing happens for the longest time, then suddenly a bunch of big things happen at once. This was just weird, not too long ago I'd been thinking about how there'd never been a fire anyplace that I've lived. I guess this just happens to a lot of people sooner or later. Anyway, crazy. All the various movies, records, comics and other junk in my apartment made it kind of miraculously intact.
Meanwhile, I've just finished watching the entire series DEADWOOD, which was awesome, and the remake of FRIDAY THE 13th, which was awful...

1 comment:

Interpolater said...

damn that sux. I heard you talking about it on your show this wkend. at least all your stuff made it thru, you had a premonition and didn't even know it. not that you could have stopped the fire anyway!
I heart Al Swearengen! HBO has new comedy coming out w/Parker Posey, Jason Schwartzman and Zach Galifianakis. looks good. don't have hbo but will be waiting for dvd. can this comment be any longer?
http://www.hbo.com/events/boredtodeath/