Sunday, May 24, 2009

murder in a blue world...


I was kind of surprised checking Netflix just now and discovering that Eloy de la Iglesia's MURDER IN A BLUE WORLD is coming out on DVD this week. On the one hand, it's pretty cool, the only copy I've ever seen of this was pretty rough, so I'm looking forward to seeing it on a better transfer, and being able to share it with friends. I also like being able to reccommend it here and having people who are interested actually being able to find it. On the other hand, I'm not 100% sure I'm ready to share this movie. Yeah, I know it's not mine, I didn't make, I don't hold the copyright, I'm not the first person to see it or like it. But some movies are kind of special, kind of secret, they have a certain magic that can dissipate over too wide an audience. And I'm selfish, I do want to own the rights to certain movies, and decide who sees them, and be the only one who tells you how special they are...
Anyway, you heard it here first. MURDER IN A BLUE WORLD. See it.

No comments: