Wednesday, May 6, 2009

10 great characters...

I've seen this going around on several blogs and figured I'd contribute as well. Ten favorite movie characters, in no particular order...

1. Itto Ogami & Daigoro (Tomisaburo Wakayama & Akirhiro Tomikawa), LONE WOLF & CUB movies. "Choose the sword, and you will join me. Choose the ball, and you'll join your mother in death. You don't understand my words, but you must choose. Come, boy, choose life or death..."


2. Buckaroo Banzai (Peter Weller), THE ADVENTURES OF BUCKAROO BANZAI ACROSS THE EIGHTH DIMENSION. "Don't tug on that, you never know what it might be attached to."


3. Philip Marlowe (Elliott Gould), THE LONG GOODBYE. "That's OK with me."


4. Hoke Moseley (Fred Ward), MIAMI BLUES. "Hell, I'm put 'em back in for pork chops..."


5. Walter Paisley (Dick Miller), A BUCKET OF BLOOD. "A creature is a creature or an artist."


6. Martin (John Amplas), MARTIN. "There is no real magic."


7. May (Angela Bettis), MAY. "So many pretty parts and no pretty wholes."


8. Tommy Udo (Richard Widmark), KISS OF DEATH. "You know what I do to squealers? I let 'em have it in the belly, so they can roll around for a long time thinkin' it over. You're worse than him, tellin' me he's comin' back? Ya lyin' old hag!"


9. Bennie (Warren Oates), BRING ME THE HEAD OF ALFREDO GARCIA. "There ain't nothing sacred about a hole in the ground or the man that's in it. Or you. Or me. "


10. GTO (Warren Oates), TWO-LANE BLACKTOP. "If I'm not grounded pretty soon, I'm gonna go into orbit. "

2 comments:

Highlander said...

For years my mum and dad had me convinced that my mum was related to Richard Widmark - I'm not really sure I've ever found out why other than a vague passing similarity in looks (eyes screwed up, from a distance - that kind of thing). I must ask them about it.... Can I nominate Cheech & Chong if only for my admiration of their massive, ahem, 'habit'?

Anonymous said...

Nice to see love to two very underrated and deserving films. "Miami Blues" and "Kiss of Death' both have elements of pure psychotic joy. Nice choices here.