Monday, February 16, 2009

comic con sketches...

Here are two sketches from this year's New York Comic Con by TINY TITANS creators Art Baltazar (who accidentally dated his 2008) and Franco Aureliani...



From last year's show, here's a sketch by Becky Cloonan (complete with coffee stain integrated into the drawing). I've always really loved Cloonan's art, though she's never done a series that I've been totally into. I'm also pretty sure we were at the same college at the same time, though in different departments...


And best of all, from last year's show, a sketch of Dr. Fate by one of my all-time favorite artists and writers, Keith Giffen (his DR. FATE series with JM DeMatteis is one of the best things ever, not to mention JUSTICE LEAGUE, AMBUSH BUG and THE HECKLER, and pretty much everything else he's ever done). He was kind of a dick, but in an endearing way (I'll still read anything with his name on it)...

No comments: