Monday, February 23, 2009

checking in...

I wrote a long piece the other night that I intended to post about the films NICK & NORAH'S INFINITE PLAYLIST (sucked), WHAT WE DO IS SECRET (pretty decent) and Richard Rush's GETTING STRAIGHT (seriously flawed, but well directed), but it was accidentally deleted and I haven't really had the time or energy or desire to go back and try to re-write it. So, yeah, I'll be posting some new shit soon. I'd still maybe like to write about QUEEN OF BLOOD, and the similar, and superior (though both are pretty rad) PLANET OF THE VAMPIRES, which I saw recently, also the extremely misguided and unintentionally hilarious CHAPTER 27 (with Jared Leto as the guy who shot John Lennon), or mabye the documentary about Grove Press OBSCENE, or maybe Alex de la Iglesia's sublime ACCION MUTANTE, which I rewatched recently, or Swedish filmmaker (of THEY CALL HER ONE EYE) Bo Arne Vibenius' challenging, lurid BREAKING POINT, from 1975. Or maybe some other shit. Or whatever. I don't know. This has been a weird fucking week. I'm going to bed. Keep checking back here constatnly for your salvation from mediocrity.

No comments: