Wednesday, November 26, 2008

movie quotes meme...

I got tagged with this on Facebook, so I figured I'd share it here too. Post your guesses in the comments section, if you have the guts...

The Rules:
- Pick 30 of your favorite movies.
- Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
- Post them here for everyone to guess.
- No Googling/using IMDb/Wikiquote search functions for those of you guessing.
- No looking at people who have already answered before making your guesses.

harris sez- Abe tagged me on this and now I'm tagging you! Post your answers here and then post your list in your notes or on your blog.

1. Here they are again, folks! These wonderful, wonderful kids! Still struggling! Still hoping! As the clock of fate ticks away, the dance of destiny continues! The marathon goes on, and on, and on! HOW LONG CAN THEY LAST!

2. Oh, Lord, forgive me for harboring such unworthy thoughts, but sometimes I wish I could tear it all down!

3. Twas like where you're from weren't never there. Where you're going doesn't matter. And where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it!

4. We should be cellmates. I don't snore, and I'm a quiet masturbator. Hell, I'll even give you the top bunk.

5. Can't you feel the vibes in your own house, man? Bad, sport, real bad. The karma in here is so thick, you need an aqualung to breathe.

6. Eat 'em! Eat 'em! Crunch crunch!

7. I wouldn't give you the skin off a grape.

8. Salsa y ketchup, you tell me and I'll fetch up

9. I won't have that kind of toilet talk in my kitchen.

10. How you doin', Jess?
Like shit! How 'bout you?
I'm down to my last inch of skin!

11. Abergail's missing and so is Mrs. Oliphant, aren't they? And Freddy and Christina... They don't eat chocolate bars. You know what they eat?

12. ...and it smelled just like cleaning fluid and made me wanna like WAX THE FLOOR. So like can someone tell me like, is this concert for real, or it it just another rip off?

13. This is an honor, Mr. Beverly, you're my hero. You're rich, you're powerful, you're famous, you're ruthless. Nobody fucks with you, you fuck with everybody!

14. But the false promise of a new dawn usually leads to a most bloody sunset.

15. Now be careful! These things are like a bad, fucked up, George Jetson nightmare!

16. There's fuckin' room to move as a fry cook. I could be manager in two years. King. God.

17. Do you know any married people today? They're a team. They pull together and they get rich. They got it all.

18. We get 'em all: sun-worshippers, moon-worshippers, Satanists. The Manson family used to hang around and shoplift. Bunch of deadbeats!

19. I want to put the game on pause. The game can be paused, can't it? I mean, all games can be paused, right?
Yeah, sure. But why? What's wrong? Aren't you dying to see what's so special about the special?
I'm feeling a little disconnected from my real life. I'm kinda losing touch with the texture of it. You know what I mean? I actually think there is an element of psychosis involved here.

20. Looks like you pissed yourself there buddy, must be the stress, stress of high finance

21. I saw a statue once. It was called, "the third time Phyllis saw me, she exploded."
Man, what kind of statue was that?
I dunno, it was made out of driftwood and dipped in fluoric acid. Very wild.

22. Gonna shoot some pigs.

23. You're a comical little geezer. You'll look funny when you're fifty.

24. Tell this to the workers when they ask where their leader went. We, the soldiers of The National Liberation Front of America, in the name of the workers and all the oppressed of this imperialist country, have struck a fatal blow to the fascist police state. What better revolutionary example than to let their president perish in the inhuman dungeon of his own imperialist prison.

25. Alright, out with it. What's on your mind?
It's just that some guys are born smart about women and some guys are born dumb.
Some guys are born clowns.
You were born dumb.

26. There goes my last lead. I feel all dead inside. I'm backed up in a dark corner, and I don't know who's hitting me.

27. He's the cutie pie, you're the smartass, you little honky bastard.

28. I caught the blackjack right behind my ear. A black pool opened up at my feet. I dived in. It had no bottom. I felt pretty good - like an amputated leg.

29. I believe that the growth in my head-this head-this one right here. I think that it is not really a tumor... not an uncontrolled, undirected little bubbling pot of flesh... but that it is in fact a new organ... a new part of the brain.

30. I think you're a very stupid person. You look stupid, you're in a stupid business, and you're on a stupid case.
I get it. I'm stupid.

No comments: