Monday, October 13, 2008

witching hour 33...

"the Witching Hour" #33, 1973. Cover by Nick Cardy. I'm not sure who the first story is by, I don't remember if there were credits, I don't know where I put my actual comic, and I can't find the info online. It's a good story, too. Creepy. The second story, "Cold Ashes, Hot Rage" is by George Kashdan and Alfredo Alcala. "A Choice Seat for Doomsday" is by Carl Wessler with art by Jerry Grandenetti. This is my last issue of "Witching Hour." Up next is DC's "Weird Mystery," then some Bernie Wrightson stuff, and some 1980s indie horror comics...








More to come...

2 comments:

Jamdin said...

Cynthia was a hot witch back in the day. I enjoyed reading about the three basic types of witches on the letters page. I have only one issue of The Witching Hour and that's #75. The series were rarely found at the local newstands whereas House of Mystery, House of Secrets and Unexpected were.

Thanks for sharing the comic pages.

Dane said...

I dimly remember these, and maybe even have one in my childhood collection in the closet.