Friday, October 17, 2008

weird mystery tales 15...

Oh brother, when it is rains, it really pours, huh? I awoke this morning with the very specific intention of calling back a potential employer who had left me a message about a possible job interview the day before, only to discover that the number I'd been given was some kind of company hotline (a puppet show hotline, no less!) with no voicemail and no means of being connected to other parts of the company. I found and tried two other phone numbers for the company, and was totally unable to connect to any kind of company directory, let alone get a human being on the other end of the line. This would have been enough to make the day kind of a drag, but then I went to turn on my laptop, only to discover that my hard drive had died, taking with it about a year's worth of writing, hundreds of personal photos and something like 7000 songs for my radio show. There's still a chance of recovering some of it, but, man, today was not the best day.

Meanwhile, here's Weird Mystery Tales 15. Cover by Luis Dominguez. "Doom on Vampire Mountain" is written by Michael Fleischer of the spirit, with art by Jess Jodloman. The funny "Drive-In Death," which I've scanned in its' entirety, is written by DC vet Paul Levitz, with art by Quico (brother of Nestor?) Redondo. "Blood Moon" is written by David Micheline, with art by Rubeny (Ruben Yandoc)...










Up next, some Bernie Wrightson stuff, plus some film reviews blahblahblah I'm sleepy.

2 comments:

Jamdin said...

I hope you have a better weekend and thanks for the great posts.

harris smith said...

thanks, i appreciate it!