Thursday, October 30, 2008

eerie publications (part 2)...

Here are a couple more b&w mags from Eerie Publications- a very well-worn copy of "Tales of Voodoo" from 1971 and a "Horror Tales" from 1973. The Eerie stuff is alright, but it's just not as hip as Warren's mags from the same era, "Creepy" and "Eerie" (no relation). Still, I can dig it.

It's hard to believe that it's already the day before Halloween. This month has just flown by, most of my time occupied with looking for work and dealing with a steady stream of minor technological and financial disasters. Last weekend was pretty cool, since I got a chance to see a couple of decent films at the CMJ festival (check out East Village Radio for my coverage, I also plan on posting some stuff here after Halloween) and also do some filming on my long delayed but coming-in-2009 sometime web series, which hopefully isn't going to suck. That small burst of positive activity kind of made up for some of the difficulty earlier in the month. Well, not really, but it was alright. You take the good, I seem to remember hearing once, long ago, you take the bad, you take them both, and...what was I talking about?











Anyway, I'm off to D.C. now for a weekend with the family. I'll likely be spending Halloween handing out candy with my folks and checking out the neighborhood's mostly kid-centric block party. It should be cool, I guess. Anyway, I still have the last 11 of the 31 film (and about 31 more reviews I need to get caught up on) of Halloween to post, and one final, special comic that I've been looking forward to putting up here for months. Check back early, check back often. Happy Halloween, almost...

No comments: