Saturday, October 4, 2008

blood type candy blood...

For your culinary consideration, here's some more gross Halloween candy.  This time, cherry-falvored "Blood Type" candy blood bags.  Once again, these came from Walgreens, and even though I knew there was no way the viscous liquid inside was going to taste good, they were way to cool to pass up.  I had an inkling, call it candy intuition, that these were going to be way too sweet, basically just cherry sugar syrup with a hint of citric acid for sourness.  I was totally right.  The candy blood was way too sweet for me, so I mixed it some ice and soda in the blender and made a slushee.  Actually, it was still kind of too sweet for me, but much more palatable than the straight, sugary juice.  Even so, this is candy flavored fake blood that you're meant to hang around your neck and drink out of a bag, so it's pretty cool.  I wish there was a source for things like this year-round, for those of us who subscribe to the "everyday is Halloween" aesthetic, although then I suppose it all wouldn't be so special, or something...




Also, since we're on the topic of liquid candy (a relatively new concept for me), this plasitc figure came with a vial (tube? dispenser?) of something called "Blue Raspberry Toxic Waste Sour Candy Spray."  It's a little toy mushroom cloud.  Again, I say, it's a little toy mushroom cloud.  Y'know, the kind that's made by a little toy nuclear explosion.  The kind that might, say, destory a little toy world.  Which is to say that this is easily the worst toy ever.  In fact, given the bewildered expression of the little toy mushroom cloud's face, I don't think he even knows why anybody would think to make and sell him.  In other words, this is one of the best things ever.  And the Blue Raspberry Toxic Waster Sour Candy Spray is actually pretty good too, although when I gave some to my friend, he made this horrible expression and said, "I feel like something really bad just happened in my mouth."  I like it, though, and its' little rubber harbinger of the little rubber apocalypse...

Stay spooky, and check back soon for more...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just popping in to say nice site.