Tuesday, September 30, 2008

foul smelling skull candy tastes adequate...



Ok, so I'm jumping the gun and starting the Halloween coundtown a day early with something I've never really done before, a candy review.  Sort of.  It's not really a review.  I mean, I'm not going to get down deep into the semiotics of gummy candy or anything, but whatever.  I found these appropriately gross looking gummi skulls at Walgress for two for a dollar, and being a skull enthusiast I guess, figured I'd try them out.  They have a nice, heavy consistancy but are too sticky to really play with, unfortunately, otherwise I think they'd be really satisfying to throw around and slap people in the face with.  But, like I said, too sticky.  When you take them out of the plastic, they smell pretty bad, especially the green one.  From the plastic-y odor I was expecting more of a Play-Doh flavor but actually they tasted pretty fruity and good, without any influence of the odd stink they otherwise let off.  So, yeah, at 50 cents a piece, I say go for it.  Sorry the pics kind of suck.  Camera phone.  Happy Halloween.

2 comments:

Shawn Robare said...

It's always fun to read one someone take one for the team (so to say) candy ingestion-wise.

I buy way too much each year and some it frankly scares me (really low quality stuff, but it always looks so darn cool.)

harris smith said...

wait'll you see the cherry blood bags!