Wednesday, August 20, 2008

moderate excitement this weekend...

Without getting too personal, or too complainer-y, this week has sucked. Nothing has gone wrong, per se, I've just felt off since like Saturday or Sunday and it's been having a negative impact on my outlook and interactions. That said, there is plenty to look forward to in NYC this weekend. As I mentioned a while back, Anthology Film Archives, one of the city's most integrity-having (albeit not comfortable seat-having) movie houses, is doing a weekend of NYC-themed revenge/exploitation pictures. It starts tomorrow, Thursday the 21st, with a screening of Abel Ferrara's Ms. 45 at 7pm, and a showing of DEATH WISH at 9. Friday they have Bill Lustig's MANIAC COP at 7 and MANIAC COP 2 at 9:15 (I'll be at both, as will be B. Lustig, apparently- yay! He's a fun speaker). Saturday, DEATHWISH again at 5 (or if you're feeling a little avant-gardey, Michael Snow's WAVELENGTH on their smaller screen at 4:30), Lustig's VIGILANTE (This is our Waterloo!) at 7 and MS. 45 (with Abel Ferrara present, and I've you've never seen him speak, it's a sight to behold, if he doesn't get pissed off and storm out, as he did at the New York Film Festival last year) at 9 (I'll probably be checking out the 5 and 7pm screenings). These are fun, good, trashy movies and it's good to support AFA, so I says check 'em out, and say hi if you see me there. Or don't, whatever. But check out the films...

No comments: