Tuesday, August 12, 2008

missed me, missed me, now you gottan kiss me, or whatever...

Here's the second to last posting of Deadshot stuff from the 1980s "Suicide Squad" series. The first images come from issue 58, which features Deadshot/Floyd in his non-costume phase. Note the presence of Black Adam, a sort-of-hero/sort-of-villain from the Captain Marvel (Shazam!) family, and another of my favorite comic book characters. I like that, in the first image, Floyd is off in the corner playing with his guns while everyone else is socializing, and that Captain Vertigo, who is trying to decide whether he wants Floyd to euthaize him or not, is hanging over his shoulder. Issue 63 has Floyd getting his costume back and taking up the Deadshot mantle again. Issue 64 features a nice Deadshot cover, and pretty much just has Floyd being a dick and doing his thing.

Issue 58, written by John Ostrander & Kim Yale, art by Geof Isherwood & Robert Campanella...



Issue 63, written by John Ostrander & Kim Yale, art by Geof Isherwood & Robert Campanella...


Issue 64, written by John Ostrander & Kim Yale, art by Geof Isherwood, Robert Campanella & Andrew Pepoy, cover by Geof Isherwood & Karl Kesel...




So, yeah, I've got one more post's worth of Deadshot/Suicide Squad, then some misc. Deadshot stuff from the 80s, 90s and recent which I may or may not depending on how I feel. I haven't really gotten any feedback on these Deadshot posts so I don't really know if anyone's digging it or not. I could potentially post A LOT more Deadshot material but I 'm getting kind of burned out on it, and the lack of feedback makes me feel like nobody really cares one way or the other. Comics wise, next up I'm going to start on supernatural characters- the Spectre, Phantom Stranger, Deadman, Madame Xanadu, Zatanna and maybe some more Dr. Fate. That should pretty much take us up to Halloween (I'll be doing the 31 days of Halloween again this year, time permitting), for which I've been stockpiling some pretty boss horror comics. Halloween last year was when I really started to get into to working on this blog, and where I think I really sort of found the voice and tone of what I'd like to write, and probably where I picked up a significant portion of my readership, so I'm looking forward to doing it again this year. Film wise, I still have a review of Death Sentence to write, and I've been watching enough really pretty really bad movies lately to keep things going for a while, so stay posted for the post ups...

No comments: