Sunday, March 30, 2008

oh, the angst...

I was feeling kind of guilty, so I had to put an addendum on the last entry that I don't actually like my co-workers better than my old friends. That was a joke. If I weren't such a sarcastic asshole, I would have written that my co-workers are great and I like them as much as my other friends. Of course, if I had any self-confidence, I'd be secure in the thought that anyone who knows me and reads this blog knows what my sense of humor is like, and would get that something like that was a joke. Well, fuck it, and anyway, I like everyone, more or less. I'm a nice guy.

Speaking of which, I can't believe I forgot to make note of this before, but I'd like to heartily recommend to one and all John Landis' excellent documentary "Mr. Warmth- the Don Rickles Project," which of course is a portrait of the venerable and oddly lovable insult comic. Who'd'athunked the guy what made "Animal House" and "Innocent Blood" would, in the dusk of his career, turn out to be such a great documentarian, but between this one and "Slasher," his doc about used car salesmen from a few years back, Landis has certainly got the beans. Anyway, the Rickles pic manages to be not only informative, but genuinely sincere and, at the same time, laugh out loud hilarious.

And actually now that I think about, my friends are all kind of jerks, so, y'know, fuck them...

No comments: